Day 5

Flashback:
Drinking coffee at night, I waited for her at hours on end. She would never show. I got stood up, once again, waiting for her to come, waiting patiently. I saw someone come in; he looked like an average joe, clean cut hair, blue denim jeans, and a shirt that was just black and dirty. He walked in my direction as soon as he saw me. He sat down across me and looked me in the eye; it was as if he knew what I was thinking. He talked to me, same normal, monotonous voice. He seemed so, lifeless, but at the same time I felt like I was being understood.

My friend, sitting alone again in the coffee shop, he doesn’t remember who I am. He looked at me as if he didn’t want me to go there. But he doesn’t have that much control over me. I walked up to him with a smile on my face and I talked to him. He would surely have to remember me then. Yet he still had a face on that showed me that he didn’t have the slightest recognition for me. What will it take for him to remember? How long will this stupid game of “guess who” last?

In the future, he will surely, remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment