Day 18

Everyday I realize that something starts to happen more frequently. I hear the voices during work, louder and louder, it's almost as if he is screaming in my ear to the point that I'd rather have an icepick in there. They keep screaming at me never to go in that coffee shop, over and over, but I can still barely make it in there before I go insane.

The coffee shop is my only way away from the voices, talking to the barista and waiting for her break everyday just helps me unwind. It helps me remember what it's like to not have these things in my head. I come here everyday and she's always here, same time, same smile. She might ask too many questions, but I don't mind, it helps me get away from the little box in my mind to where I could possible become comatose. I run my mouth as little as possible so that I would not reveal anything too personal, I don't want anything to happen between her and I. I want everything to be just a purely friendly relationship.

I hear her talking today, but I do not see her mouth move at all. I kept talking but her lips still never moved. It was like a nightmare where everyone was speaking through their minds, and no one needed ears or eyes, just voices. It was disturbing and very intriguing at the same time. I asked her questions but I realized she never was talking to me, it was as if I were talking to someone else.

Her lips had finally started moving, she smiled, and said "Sure I'd love to move in with you" she looked really happy and all that entered my mind when she said that was if I had ever even asked her to move in with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment